As well as the action of the annual NRL Telstra Premiership the Rugby League season in Australia is highlighted by a number of representative matches including the coveted State of Origin series.
The State of Origin Odds are primarily broken down on the head to head market played between the Queensland Maroons and the New South Wales Blues. It’s a fierce clash that pits mate against mate and state against state in a time honoured Rugby League rivalry dating back to its inaugural series in 1980.
Considered the toughest representative Rugby League competition in not only Australia but the world, huge numbers of fans tune in for the series that provides plenty of top State of Origin betting opportunities as well.
The series as we know it today is a best-of-three clash with the teams featuring the season’s best NRL players. Held between June and July the Maroons and Blues compete for the State of Origin shield and considerable bragging rights.
2019 State Of Origin Series Winner Betting: Game 3 Decider
Wednesday 10/07/2019 | 8:10pm
|New South Wales|
The State of Origin Series 2019 kicked off with a Queensland win at Suncorp Stadium, the Maroons coming back from a half-time deficit to beat the Blues 18 – 14. The three-tries-to-two Origin Game 1 win was thanks to a late double (67th and 71st) minute by subsequent Man of the Match Dane Gagai.
The State Of Origin 2019 Series sees then saw the first ever match played at Perth Stadium as the Maroons hosted the Blues in Game II at Optus Stadium, going down in an awful defeat 38 – 6. The Blues’ big win has the series tied one a piece, making Game III in Sydney a decider at ANZ Stadium.
Game 3: Maroons v Blues
- Date: Wednesday July 10, 2019
- Venue: ANZ Stadium
- Kick Off: 8:10pm (AEST)
- Series Score: TBD
- Results & Wrap-Up: TBD
Game 3 State Of Origin Odds:
Origin Game 2 Results: Queensland 6 – 38 New South Wales
- Date: Sunday June 23, 2019
- Venue: Optus Stadium, Perth
- Origin Game 2 Winner: New South Wales
- Score: 38 – 6
- Attendance: 59,721
- Man of the Match: Jake Trbojevic (NSW)
- Queensland Tries: Will Chambers (1, penalty try)
- Queensland Goals: Kalyn Ponga (1/1)
- New South Wales Tries: Tom Trbojevic (3), Josh Addo-Carr (2), Tyson Frizell (1)
- New South Wales Goals: James Maloney (5/6)
Origin Game 1 Results: Queensland 18 – 14 New South Wales
- Date: Wednesday June 5, 2019
- Venue: Suncorp Stadium, QLD
- Origin Game 1 Winner: Queensland
- Score: 18 – 14
- Attendance: 52,191
- Man of the Match: Dane Gagai
- Queensland Tries: Dane Gagai (2), Corey Oates (1)
- Queensland Goals: Kalyn Ponga (3/4)
- New South Wales Tries: Josh Morris (1), Jake Trbojevic (1)
- New South Wales Goals: Nathan Cleary (3/3)
- Sin Bin: Latrell Mitchell (58th minute)
State of Origin Odds & Betting
State of Origin betting provides fans with lots of chances to support their state and get behind the game’s best NRL players at representative level.
There are State of Origin odds offered on everything from the overall series winners to the Wally Lewis Medal winner awarded to the best player of the season.
The standard head-to-head NRL odds are also open for all three State of Origin games with either Queensland or New South Wales favourites in betting depending on factors like team selections and the results of earlier games.
The most popular markets are the State of Origin Series Winners with even odds usually open on both teams pre-season.
State of Origin Teams
Just two teams face off in the State of Origin series with Queensland taking on New South Wales as the country’s two leading Rugby League states come face to face.
State of Origin history between “The Maroons” and “The Blues” dates back to the 1980s and Queensland are colloquially known as “Cane Toads” and New South Wales as “Cockroaches”. Each season selectors draw players from across the 16 NRL Teams to play in State of Origin, the representative players subsequently missing Premiership games for their clubs that impacts NRL betting.
State of Origin players are selected according to the state for which they played their first senior rugby league games.
State of Origin Records & Facts
State of Origin history shows some incredible rugby league records have been achieved during the series with team records dominated by Queensland who have defeated the Blues more times in both consecutive games and series over the years.
- Largest Winning Margin: 46 points – Queensland 52 vs 6 New South Wales in Game 3, 2015
- Most Consecutive Games Won: 8 games – Queensland from Game 3 1987 – Game 3 1989
- Most Consecutive Series Won: Queensland (2006 – 2013)
- Most Games Played: 42 – QLD’s Cameron Smith (2003 – present)
- Most Consecutive Games Played: 36 – QLD’s Johnathan Thurston (2005 – 2016)
- Most Games Captained: 41 – QLD’s Cameron Smith (2003 – 2017)
- Most Points Scored: 212 – QLD’s Johnathan Thurston (2005 – present)
- Most Tries Scored: 17 – QLD’s Greg Inglis (2006 – present)
- Queensland’s coach from 2006 – 2015 Mal Meninga holds all of the State of Origin coaching record for the most games (33), most wins (22) and most series victories
State of Origin Winners
|YEAR||WINNER||RUNNERS UP||SERIES RESULT|
|2018||NEW SOUTH WALES||QUEENSLAND||2-1|
|2017||QUEENSLAND||NEW SOUTH WALES||2-1|
|2016||QUEENSLAND||NEW SOUTH WALES||2-1|
|2015||QUEENSLAND||NEW SOUTH WALES||2-1|
|2014||NEW SOUTH WALES||QUEENSLAND||2-1|
|2013||QUEENSLAND||NEW SOUTH WALES||2-1|
|2012||QUEENSLAND||NEW SOUTH WALES||2-1|
|2011||QUEENSLAND||NEW SOUTH WALES||2-1|
|2010||QUEENSLAND||NEW SOUTH WALES||3-0|
|2009||QUEENSLAND||NEW SOUTH WALES||2-1|
|2008||QUEENSLAND||NEW SOUTH WALES||2-1|
|2007||QUEENSLAND||NEW SOUTH WALES||2-1|
|2006||QUEENSLAND||NEW SOUTH WALES||2-1|
|2005||NEW SOUTH WALES||QUEENSLAND||2-1|