NRL Finals 2019
Friday September 13 - Sunday October 6, 2019
The 2019 NRL Finals Series gets underway on September 13 with the NRL Grand Final set for Sunday October 6, 2019
The 2019 NRL Finals are some of the most exciting weeks of Australian Rugby League and lead into the highly anticipated NRL Grand Final run in Sydney at ANZ Stadium on the first Sunday in October each spring.
Each year the annual Telstra Premiership provides fans with endless NRL betting odds and options with the season starting with 25 regular games, cut from 26 for the first time in 2018, as the 16 NRL teams race for competition points and ladder positions.
At the end of the standard season the Top 8 teams on the NRL Ladder play off in the finals series over four weeks starting in mid-September. The final two teams left after the finals are run and won then face off in the annual Grand Final to determine that year’s NRL Premiers.
NRL Premiership betting is open all season offering all-in prices on each club to take it out.
2019 NRL Finals
- The 2019 Telstra Premiership NRL Finals Series begins on Friday September 13, 2019
- The 2019 NRL Grand Final takes place on Sunday October 6, 2019
2019 NRL Semi Final: 1
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Manly Sea Eagles
- Friday September 20, 2019
- ANZ Stadium
- Tip: Rabbitohs to Win / Manly to Cover The Line
2019 NRL Semi Final: 2
Melbourne Storm v Parramatta Eels
- Saturday September 21, 2019
- AAMI Park
- Tip: Melbourne to Win by 1 – 12
NRL FINALS SYSTEM
NRL Finals Series Structure. Image Credit: NRL.
Previously the NRL Finals were decided according to the McIntyre System, but the new system now gives the teams in the Top 4 a fairer chance of making it all the way to Grand Final day.
Below is a quick run-down of how the Telstra Premiership Finals Series structure works.
NRL Finals Week 1: Qualifying & Elimination
Four games are played in the opening week. Two are Qualifying Finals with the winner getting a rest the following week, while the losing team play in a semi-final elimination. The other two games played between the bottom four teams in the Top 8 are Elimination Finals and are must win matches for the teams to progress to Week 2 of the finals.
- Qualifying Final 1: 1st (Home) vs. 4th (Away)
- Elimination Final 1: 5th (Home) vs. 8th (Away)
- Elimination Final 2: 6th (Home) vs. 7th (Away)
- Qualifying Final 2: 2nd (Home) vs. 3rd (Away)
NRL Finals Week 2: Semi-Finals
In the second week two games are played between four teams with home ground advantage going to the two losing teams of the Week 1 qualifiers. Both games are do-or-die with the winners progressing into the Week 3 Preliminary Finals against the winning teams from Finals Week 1, while the losers say goodbye to the Grand Final dream for the season.
- Semi Final 1: Week 1 First Qualifiers Loser (Home) vs. Week 1 First Elimination Winner (Away).
- Semi Final 2: Week 1 Second Qualifiers Loser (Home) vs. Week 1 Second Elimination Winner (Away).
NRL Finals Week 3: Preliminary Finals
The final two games before the NRL Grand Final are contested in the Preliminary Finals round with the two Finals Week 1 Qualifying winners having home ground advantage over the two winning Semi Final NRL Teams from Week 2. The results of these games decide the NRL Grand Final teams for the season.
- Preliminary Final 1: Week 1 First Qualifiers Winner (Home) vs Semi Final 2 Winner (Away)
- Preliminary Final 2: Week 1 Second Qualifiers Winner (Home) vs Semi Final 1 Winner (Away)
NRL Finals Week 4: Grand Final
The two Preliminary final winners from week three of the NRL Finals face off in the NRL Grand Final, now held on the last Sunday in September. If you’d like to see information on one of the biggest sporting events in Australia, you can check out our dedicated Grand Final page.